Monday, April 9, 2012

On being a punk rock mommy... And teaching baby how to follow the rules?

I'm struggling with this one. Not really struggling... But it's been on my mind today.
How do you be a punk rock mommy (or daddy, Toga has both), sticking it to the man, and teaching your kid how to play by the rules? In Baby's eyes, you ARE the man. You're this kid's entire representation of authority as a parent.

I suppose on one hand I don't expect Sara to follow the rules, but she has to have a damn good reason that she honestly and truly believes in for WHY she broke the rules. Doesn't mean she won't get punished. As an anti-authoritatian even I understand that when you break the rules there is going to be some kind of punishment.

I don't have much experience on the subject, but I'm looking forward to this challenge as she grows.

No comments:

Post a Comment